Saturday, May 14, 2011

Tropical forest - Otago Museum

Now some of you may have guessed by the name of my business, but I am slightly butterfly mad :P Today I went to the tropical forest in discovery world at the Otago Museum. If you live local, or visit Dunedin sometime I recommend going!! It was truely awesome. The butterflies are so beautiful, and just fly all around you - they even land on you!!

Here are a few of my favourite images from the day.

Me with a butterfly. The photo is a bit foggy as the camera hadn't adjusted to the humidity yet - but couldn't miss the photo opportunity!

We assume this is a reasonably new butterfly as his wings were in perfect condition. Lots of the butterflies looked slightly ragging, and even a couple had broken wings.

They really do just come and land on you when they please!

This monarch is just beautiful!

I have many many more photos, and hope to go back with my good camera some day as these shots were only done on my point and shoot camera.

Today I glued together a few more pieces ready for the big show next week. I have uploaded photos of the clips on my facebook page, and have the headbands to photograph tomorrow. Madly trying to get as much stock made as I can for the market!

For those of you who do live local, the Horizon Events Craft Show is on next weekend. Both Saturday and Sunday from 10am until 4pm. I will be putting a voucher up hopefully tomorrow and if you print it off and come and visit me and my helpers at the show, you can have 10% off any purchase you make :-)

Have had a pretty busy day, after a late night last night, so time for me to hit the hay! Hope your weekends are all going well :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment